New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Personalized Dishware

Problem #1
6 kids + homeschool + home all day  =  lots of dishes to wash!

Solution - kids wash their own dishes...

Problem #2
Denial!
Whose dish was whose?...
The kids didn't want to wash dishes and would blame the mess.

Solution?
Labels!!!

Check this out...

You get 1 bowl & 1 cup!
It's yours!
You clean it!

Each kid has an assigned number
(according to birth order).

Now we know who the dish monsters are!

No more blaming it on the little kids!

If its got your # you clean it!


Supplies:
  • contact paper
  • pen
  • scissors
  • spray paint (for plastic - or you can find an art pen that will write on plastic)
  • newspaper

 I printed out the font that I wanted. 
At first I tried using a box cutter to cut the numbers out but my blade was dull. 
I ended up using scissors instead. 



I traced the numbers onto the contact paper (put the numbers under the contact paper and trace).

Then I used a scissors to cut the numbers out.  It was a little tricky...I made a couple of mistakes.  No prob...I learned from my mistakes, tried again, and got better results:)

  Ripped a hole in a piece of newspaper (this is where I put the contact paper number).  The newspaper helps to protect the outer surface and keeps paint where I want it. 


 Here you can see the number stuck on (a cup).  NOTE:  press the contact paper down VERY firmly.  I recommend running your finger nail along the edges.  If it is not stuck on good then the paint will leak out.


I used spray paint specifically designed to stick on plastic.  If you use this stuff it will stick onto your plastic and stay!  Believe me...we've used the dishes a bunch of times already and they have held up excellent!  (how do you like my black spray paint nail polish?)


The kids love it!

my cost

Spray Paint $4 (Walmart)
Contact paper $1 (Dollar Store)
Plastic dishware that we already had = FREE

Total = $5

I was totally low on supplies and actually had to buy:(
But I only used a little of each...
which means...lots of left overs...

which means...
more FREE projects to come:)

Happy eating!

mileka:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...