What you need: don't run to the store and buy everything. Find it at "as free as can be" prices and build your "basics" up as you go along.
- Basic TOOLS/SUPPLIES (see the "Basic tools/Supplies list")
- Stuff (click on the "Shopping List" tab)
Basic TOOLS - these are tools/supplies that you will always want to have on hand. They make the job easier (which is so important to us busy moms). You could always borrow these items from a friend but having them on hand just makes it that much easier. Your husband probably already has these items in his toolbox (we use the tools more than our husbands do:)
- drill/screwdrivers (various sizes, both star and flatheads)
- nails and screws (various lengths and sizes)
- staple gun (& extra staples)
Basic SUPPLIES - these are general crafty supplies that are used often on projects. They are inexpensive to purchase or easily found at "as free as can be" prices.
- mod podge/white school glue
- black spray paint (we like the 98 cent one from Walmart)
- paint brushes/foam brushes (various types and sizes will give you more flexibility with what you can do)
- glue gun+glue sticks/elmers glue/glue stick
- scissors (sharp pair for accurate cutting and an "any use" pair to cut...well, anything)
- ruler, measuring tape, etc.