New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Friday, April 1, 2011

Organizing & Storage...I just CAN't get enough:)

I've been looking for a way to store my make-up.
Something simple...cute...easy....different...free.

and... it's a no sew project:)

TADA...

Organization!

Supplies:
  • empty cans (beware of sharp edges)
  • Spray paint (I used some of my left over Krylon)
  • Old unwanted t-shirt
  • Scissors
  • safety pin

I spray painted an empty can.
I used some of my left over Krylon spray paint.


1.  Cut off the sleeve of a shirt
2. Cut off a small section from the sleeve (about 1/4 of an inch wide)
3. Stretch the small section to create a string & cut a slit in the hem of the sleeve

4. Attach the safety pin to the end of the t-shirt string and
thread it through the hole you cut in the hem of the sleeve.
Continue feeding it through the hem and bring it out at the other end.
Tie in a bow:)


It should look like this


5. Put the shirt on the open end of the can.
Adjust your bow tie if needed.


6. Tuck it in.

Finished product.



I repeated the process with a tuna can for smaller/shorter items.
(with no shirt embellishment)

I also used an empty baby food jar and an empty plastic container (that I had lying around),
to give it some variety and to fit different sized items.

I cut another strip off of the shirt and tied it around the tops to tie it in so it matches.

Now everything is nice and neat!
Just the way I like it!

Now I can find my make-up without having to dig in my drawer.


Unfortunately...so can others:p

my cost?
FREE
(I already had everything I needed)

happy face painting!

mileka:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...