New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Friday, April 8, 2011

Did You Know?...Dryer Sheets

Did you know...

that it isn't necessary to use a full dryer sheet?

Did you know...

that 1/4 of a dryer sheet is usually adequate to dry a full load of laundry?


Story...
My friend Torie B. told me that you can cut your dryer sheet into 2.  So I tried it and didn't see a difference.  Then I thought...if I can cut it into 2 and it still works just fine...can I cut it into 4
So I tried it...and guess what?
It still works!!!

NOW...

I cut my dryer sheets in 1/4.  I get 4 loads from every sheet.

I like to buy the generic brand at Walmart (sorry...I can't remember the brand...because I haven't bought dryer sheets in so long...ooo).  It is $1.00 for 50 sheets. 
But...I cut them into 1/4...so for $1.00 I get 200 dryer sheets.

I do one load of laundry a day. 
2 boxes will last me a full year and then some.

Ahhhh...$2 for a 1 year supply (and some) of dryer sheets.

Music to my ears!!!



Here is my lovely supply of dryer sheets.
Do you love my bucket?  Yes, that's an ice cream bucket.
(In another post I'll show you what to do with all those empty ice cream buckets laying around ...
if you don't have any, start saving them).

FYI:  The only problem I've had is with my whites.  If I only use 1 sheet I'll get some static cling now and then...so I just throw in 2 and that seems to take care of the problem.

happy drying

mileka:)

Dedicated to Torie B...u r awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, did you know that dryer sheets actually shorten the life of your clothes? We used to use them and the clothes faded way faster. Then we switched to those blue (or breast cancer pink) funky dryer balls for $10 that last forever. You can also use 2 balls of wool yarn, I've heard. Now we don't use anything at all except some really good and CHEAP detergent with no added whiteners or brighteners (those kill your clothes, too.) Our clothes are nice and soft, but not filmy like softeners or sheets used to leave them. They seem to stay cleaner, too. We do get some cling on our whites if they have any fleece in the load, but not bad enough to worry about.

    --Stephanie W (sorry my blogger account is linked to the wrong email.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I've switched to homemade detergent myself. Cutting the dryer sheet helps make a difference in the fading. I'm excited to try the wool yarn. It sounds like it's worth trying:)

    -mileka

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...