New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Monday, April 18, 2011

Did You Know?...Got Gas?

Got Gas?

NO, NOT YOU...your house?


DID YOU KNOW  that if you have a gas WATER heater you could be wasting money?

What do I mean?

DID YOU KNOW...that if you turn your water heater off when it is not in use
you could save yourself over 50%.
(ok...it's not really off.  It's on the lowest setting possible.)

This is what I do.

We only turn our water heater on (up) when we need it...

When do we need it?

When we take a shower
(30 min before we jump in)

(P.S. I don't use the dishwasher to wash dishes.  Our dishwasher isn't the greatest.  It leaves the dishes really wet after a wash.  Even after going through 2 dry cycles they are still wet.  We rent and it came with the house.  We hand wash our dishes-it is less wear and tear on dishes, it saves water, and my kids have learned how to wash dishes...it's a great life skill!  We put our hand washed dishes into the dishwasher and run it on the heat dry cycle.  Tada...dry!)

I taught my older kids how to adjust the water heater and to turn it up to where we want it
and down to the lowest setting.
Now I have helpers...so it's easy to turn our gas up and down:)

What kind of a difference can it make?

Here is what happened to us...

Water heater off when we don't use it (hand wash dishes) $30 month

Water heater on all the time (long story) $70 month

I spent over 50% more.

Crazy!

Save money...shut off your gas
(turn your water heater to the lowest setting)

During the summer we leave it on the lowest setting and never turn it up. 
We live in Arizona and during the summer the water comes out of the tap boiling...lol.)

I tried to convince my husband to let me blow out the pilot light so that it wouldn't heat any water at all and then that ways I could have a $0 gas bill during the summer months
(notice I said months=more than one month of $0 gas bill sounds great to me!)

happy gassing!

mileka:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...