New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Friday, February 18, 2011

Take A Tour: The Front Living Room (Chunky Frames)

I love cardboard!!!

Why?

Cuz it's FREE!!!

My favorite place to get cardboard is at Walmart...although you can find it practically anywhere.  Craig's List often has listings for FREE cardboard boxes.  A favorite pick-up story of mine is...we (Brandi & I) were on our way to Michael's and we saw a new store setting up with tons of boxes outside.  What did we do?  We stopped, went in, and asked if we could have the boxes.  We totally scored that day!

I'm not too much of a picture person...but I want to be (baby steps).
I don't really take too many pictures and I don't really display them (don't ask...long story). 
But...I want to be.  So I do a little here and there. 
I've started to scan some old pictures into my computer and I have a plan. 

The plan:
1. Display pictures, 2. rotate them, 3. store them.

1. This is how I display them...

 Don't you just love the pictures?  I do.
 Guess who took them...Brandi.  U Rock!
These are 2 years old.  Scroll down to see an updated group picture.


These frames are awesome!
They look like chunky distressed wood....but...





...these are cardboard boxes.

Can you believe it?

cost = FREE

2. My plan is to rotate out the pictures.


3. The shelf below is where I plan to store their photo albums. 
When each picture is removed it will go into their individual photo albums.


Listen to this...

I'm not that great with taking pictures (or even remembering to take them in the first place).  My plan was to take Valentines pictures of my kids and put them in the frames as holiday decor.  Well...I took the pictures and then I never got them printed (in time)...I still plan on printing them and hanging them.

I don't have a fancy dancy camera...and felt that if I didn't have one my pictures wouldn't turn out perfect.  I decided to be thankful for what I have (the camera in my cell phone) and make do.

I've always felt that I was a pretty sucky photographer (if I even dare try to call myself that).  I decided that I needed to put my foot in my mouth and JUST DO IT!  So that is what I did...

I have to toot my horn a little (toot, toot)...I think it came out pretty good. 

This picture was taken with my (Nokia Neruon) phone camera. 
It only has 2 mp.  I did edit the picture a little. 

All the kids:)

mileka:)

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...