I got this idea from a book I read:
Way to Be! by Gordon B. Hinckley
Cost = $1.50
I wanted to make a coat rack for a while now. I was so tired of finding jackets all over the place. I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted it. After reading the book above, I decided that I wanted to use key words from the book.
1. Find a board (I love using shelving boards- they are thick and sturdy-and precut).
2. Paint board black (or what ever color you want). I paint the back of the shelf board because the front side has a coating...and I am NOT sanding it! I dislike sanding!
3. Create your design. I did it on the computer so I could choose the font that I wanted to copy. I grided my master (by folding it) and my board (with a tape measure and pencil) so that I could enlarge it.
4. Paint wording (or use vinyl). I love hand painting!
5. Screwed in cup hooks. I put them in underneath instead of on the front face of the board. I thought it would look nicer that way. I didn't have hooks so I bought some.
6. Hang it on the wall. I used 3 picture hooks. I did get some help from my hubby to put in dry wall anchors to make it more secure.