New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Thursday, February 3, 2011

How To: Coat Rack

I got this idea from a book I read:

         Way to Be! by Gordon B. Hinckley


Cost = $1.50

I wanted to make a coat rack for a while now.  I was so tired of finding jackets all over the place.  I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted it.  After reading the book above, I decided that I wanted to use key words from the book. 
 1. Find a board (I love using shelving boards- they are thick and sturdy-and precut).


 2. Paint board black (or what ever color you want).  I paint the back of the shelf board because the front side has a coating...and I am NOT sanding it!  I dislike sanding!


 3. Create your design.  I did it on the computer so I could choose the font that I wanted to copy.  I grided my master (by folding it) and my board (with a tape measure and pencil) so that I could enlarge it.


 4.  Paint wording (or use vinyl).   I love hand painting!


 5. Screwed in cup hooks.  I put them in underneath instead of on the front face of the board. I thought it would look nicer that way. I didn't have hooks so I bought some.

$1.50 (Walmart)
6. Hang it on the wall.  I used 3 picture hooks.  I did get some help from my hubby to put in dry wall anchors to make it more secure.




Coat hanger

$1.50


I wanted a slipper (flip flop) basket.  I spray painted a turquoise bucket that I had.  I used krylon plastic spray paint.  That stuff sticks to anything!  It's awesome. 

I didn't include the plastic spray paint in the total because it was an "add on" to the project that I wanted done.  It cost me $4.00 from Walmart.  I didn't use the whole can
(and I have plans for the rest of it)!

mileka:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...