Valentine's Lightbulb project instructions
Materials: lightbulb, wooden block, wire, paper for tag, glue gun
1. First you need to hollow out a lightbulb. It was my first time hollowing out a lightbulb so I learned how to do it here.
2. Next, you make your heart "filament" with a piece of wire like you see in the photo. After forming the heart, twist the wires together all the way down. The filament should be about 3 1/2 to 4 inches in length (it's better for it to be longer than shorter because you can always trim it). Be careful not to make the heart too large because it may not fit into the narrow opening of the bottom of the lightbulb. Spray paint the wire red if desired.
3. I bought this wooden block for $1 at Michaels. You could also use a piece of scrap wood that you have lying around. Bore a little hole in the middle of the block. This will hold the filament and keep it from moving. The hole should fit the filament wire and hold it straight up. Put a little hot glue over the hole and poke the filament into the hole and hold it until it sets. WARNING: make sure you test how much of the filament will be showing through the glass when placed inside the hole and lightbulb is "tried on for size". Do this before gluing filament in hole! Trim off at the bottom of the wire if too long.
4. After the glue sets, carefully place the lightbulb over the filament and glue lightbulb in place.
5. Glue your message onto the wooden block
Lightbulb (burned out, on-hand)=FREE