New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Thursday, January 6, 2011

How To: Custom Bench

Here is how to create the custom bench as found in "Take a Tour: The Girl's Bedroom (closet)."  Sorry...I did this project quite a while ago so I don't have all the steps in picture form.  Enjoy my attempt to "remake" steps.  Remember, I had all of the supplies/materials and tools on hand so it cost me = FREE




1. I cut a ply wood (FREE) for the seat to the length I needed (to fit between the shelves).  The wood was 1.5 inches thick and 9.5 inches wide (that's how I got it...nothing special).

2. Then I wrapped it like a present with batting (which I already had-FREE) and scrap material from a previous project (FREE).  I used my staple gun to tack it down.



3. I already had the wood for the legs.  They were reclaimed from a previous project.  They were previously 4x4 fence posts (I had used it as legs for a short kids table for a party).

4. I cut a piece of ply board (1/2 inch tick-left over from another free project)
5. and screwed the legs to the board. 
(I hope you can see it below the legs of the bench...
that brown part sandwiched between the seat and the legs).

I did it this way because I wrapped the seat first (yes, on purpose). 
I needed the legs to be as far out as possible for balance, so I had to attach it last.

 6. Then I screwed the plywood piece to the seat section. 




Tada...Custom Bench
Cost? FREE

I'll probably end up painting the legs to match the girls room...
...when I kick it up a level.
For now...it's functional so it works;)

Mileka:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...