New Blog

.......................................................NEW BLOG...check us out.......................................................

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

FIRST TIME VISITOR?

Click on the page links below and learn how Knocking it Off can help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE at getting it for "AS FREE AS CAN BE."

Monday, May 30, 2011

Cool Ideas: Beat the Heat!

Just the thought of Arizona in the summertime makes people shudder. Things don't even start cooling down until October (last year it didn't really start cooling down until late October/early November and then it only stayed AC cool during the winter time! Craziness!). I don't think it's as bad but because I have 4 boys, you'd better believe that there'll be football! Our football season comes during those months that are the hottest in AZ! (Not to mention I will be at the field all day long because I have to watch 3 different games back to back!) 

This year, I decided to "Beat the Heat" by preparing my "cooling gear" early. On a trip to Walmart one day, my husband and I bought a garden sprayer (the kind that sprays insecticide and weed killer).  These puppies hold quite a bit of water and, thanks to a wand and nozzle, can spray streams of water or super fine mists that can keep you cool without making you look as if you could be a contestant in a wet t-shirt contest. The sprayer is portable and can be taken just about anywhere! You could also add ice to the tank to make the mist even colder! 
The price was not bad (about $8) and I knew it would pay for itself the very first week of football.

To personalize it, and make sure no one without my last name could accidentally take it home, I had some vinyl of my last name cut in our team's colors and applied to the outside of the tank. You could also use letter stickers or a permanent marker to spell your name out.

I also applied the symbol H2O so that we or other people wouldn't mistake it for poison. It was also so no one would use the "water sprayer" to spray poison.


Lastly, I brushed a layer or two of mod podge over the vinyl to seal out moisture that could cause the lettering to detach.
Now I am ready to Beat the Heat at all those upcoming football games! I hope you will enjoy using your sprayer just as much as I will!

Brandi-Lee

BTW, don't forget to enter to win in our giveaway! You have exactly 3 more days to enter! All's you have to do is comment to enter to win! Good Luck!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandi!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, I look forward to hearing about your business and the name you came up with. I'm still trying to figure it all out myself. Good Luck!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time on your blog and two posts in, I'm already in love! I've been asking around to see if you can use mod podge to cover plastic and nobody could give me an answer. I've never used it before so I wasn't exactly sure what types of material it works on.

    I want to cover the stickers on my daughters' barbie jeeps so the weather won't have them worn off. After reading your post, I'm feeling brave enough to mod podge over them to prevent nasty effects from the weather.

    Thank you ladies so much! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...